Choose your Transformer
Choose your Mounting/Hardware
The many advantages of custom designed toroidal transformers are now available to you in small quantities with little investment required.
When our standard transformers are not suitable or when exact output data cannot easily be established, you now have a less expensive alternative to a full custom design. Toroid Corporation offers kits with factory made primaries, available in five power ratings and come with complete instructions. All kits are made for 60 Hz operation.
Each kit contains:
- A toroidal core of grain oriented steel
- Mylar taped for insulation of secondary windings put on by the customer
- Built-in thermal fuse rated at 130C
- Manual with step-by-step instructions on how to design and wind the secondary windings.
- Metal washer and 2 rubber pads for mounting the transformer
- Guide to calculate proper wire size and length required to generate your calculated output data.
Data and Price
|Order||Part No.||Rated VA (1)||Rated DC (2)||Primary Voltage||Volts/Turn||Size||Price|
|Price||401.008||80VA||60W||117V||.13||3.4" x 1.6"||$58.55|
|Price||401.020||200VA||140W||117V||.23||4.2" x 2.0"||$71.90|
|Price||401.040||400VA||260W||117V||.44||4.7" x 2.5"||$80.45|
|Price||402.070||700VA||460W||117V||.44||5.8" x 2.8"||$93.47|
|Price||402.140||1400VA||880W||117V||.72||6.6" x 3.1"||$126.62|
(1) Calculate Volts x Amps (RMS) for each winding. The SUM of these VA-ratings must be smaller than the rated VA for the kit to be chosen.
(2) Rated DC power replaces the VA rating if the transformer is used to supply rectifiers with capacitor filters as loads. Calculate PDC = (DC Volts + 2) x DC Amps for each bridge rectifier supplied by the transformer. The SUM of the PDCs for all rectifiers must be smaller than the Rated DC Power for the transformer. If any rectifier uses two diodes and a center tapped secondary instead of a regular bridge conversion, its PDC is: 1.4 x (DC Volt + 1) x DC Amps. The kit does not include magnet wire for the secondary windings. (Available from motor repair shops)
The price for the kit (please see chart) does not include engineering assistance to calculate wire size and length. Should you like us to do this work for you, we would be happy to help you for a fixed fee of $175.00 per design. Required magnet wire would then be shipped with the transformer kit from the factory at no extra charge.
Terms and Conditions
- For larger quantity prices, please contact the factory directly.
- Prices and data subject to change without prior notice
- Delivery: Small quantities of standards are normally available from stock
- 30-Day Return Policy of Undamaged Items - 15% Restocking Fee on Standard Transformers
- 36 Month Product Warranty
- Terms and Conditions